Skills: Project Planning, Monitoring and Control
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Compensation: As per industry standards
mLogica Inc. (www.mlogica.com) is seeking a Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server DBAs with 3-10 years’ experience to support our clients and their servers. The individual should have experience in database administration, production support, developing stored procedures and database design. Good understanding in software lifecycle methodologies.
- Administration of database systems, including managing storage and other system resources.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining backup and recovery systems.
- Ensuring continued operability of all database system services for a 24×7 environment.
- Implementing in a complex system environment.
- Configuring the client to connect to the server.
- Creating database manually.
- Creating table spaces, rollback segments, users, profiles, roles.
- Managing users, roles, profiles, passwords, rollback.
- Performing complete, incomplete recovery, data file, redo log file, control file recovery, recovery using RMAN, import utilities.
- Part of a DBA team that provides 24×7 production support for the client’s mission critical database environment spread across the globe.
- Defining, developing and implementing OS and/or DB backup and recovery strategies.
- Defining developing and implementing secure systems practices.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.