Locations: Mumbai, India
Compensation: As per industry standards
B.Sc IT or Any Graduate with valid degree certificate, Any Diploma holders with hardware and networking certificate.
Desktop/Hardware Support Engineer with a minimum of 4+ year’s experience in technical customer support. This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and technical support for internal and international employee. This position manages the workstation asset inventory, and internal security and data processes. Support includes the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computers and peripherals and the operational readiness of the conference rooms including all audio video equipment. We are seeking individuals who approach situations in a disciplined and proactive approach leading to more efficient solutions.
Overall knowledge and experience with hardware to include PC desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers, servers and networking hardware.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Troubleshooting the Hardware and Software problems.
- Knowledge on troubleshooting of Windows Operating System.
- Maintenance of anti – virus and ensuring that the anti – virus patches are regularly updated.
- Updating Operating system patches.
- Configuring & troubleshooting of printer, scanner & LAN related issues reported by users.
- Installation and configuring of wireless Data Cards in users laptops.
- Remotely resolving application problems and network problems and mail configurations through remote desktop sharing.