Location: Mumbai, India
Compensation: As per industry standards
IT Support Engineer is responsible for day-to-day support of the division’s systems, enhancing customers’ experiences and responding directly to items reported through the service request system. This includes, but is not limited to, operations for 7x20x350 customer service and help desk support. Will provide high-level desktop, server, and network operations support to staff within the division. This includes support efforts for 5,500+ staff, and 108 residential computer lab workstations. Support includes, but is not limited to, PC hardware repairs, PC operating systems installation and configurations, desktop applications, and network connectivity. The IT Support Engineer will manage various special projects, encourage colleagues in projects they have and, at times, may work with the team’s staff to provide guidance regarding lower-level desktop support activities.
- Active Directory administration.
- Support and administration of print server and third party vendor applications.
- Support and administration of point of sale (POS) system hardware and software.
- Monitoring and reporting of third party enterprise anti-virus application and remediation of reported issues.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting of staff and student staff computers by assessing the problem and applying a solution using techniques via phone, e-mail, service request system, remote assistance tools and/or in person.
- Formulate and implement solutions to meet customers’ requirements and timeline.
- Create master operating system images for deployment across the division – including advanced system configurations and application settings, automated software deployment, and customized system features.
- Install, configure and support Windows based PC’s, Macintosh and thin client hardware.
- Ability to install, configure and support Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Install, configure and support complex software applications in both workstation and server environments.
- Define any problems in deploying software applications and/or hardware. Formulate solutions for the installation or maintenance of software/hardware.
- Coordinate equipment repair and preventative maintenance activities with third party vendors.
- Make recommendations on workstation hardware, software and networking requirements.
- Evaluate new technologies and propose improvements to the existing workstation environment.
- Configure and support mobile devices.
- Build reports, templates and write scripts to resolve customer facing requests.