Location: USA, India, UAE
Compensation: As per industry standards
Responsible for the integration, hardening, and maintaining of multiple Oracle databases running within an Exadata architecture. These data bases support specific applications and a DataVault warehouse supporting data analytics. Ensures the performance of the system, understands the platform on which the database runs, and adds new users to Oracle the system. Plans and coordinates security measures including data integrity, backups, and database security. Responsible for capacity planning. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of database systems. Provides problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution. Coordinates changes. Responsibilities also include customer requirements, evaluation of alternatives, and development recommendations. The DBA works in concert with assigned system administrator to assure system integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten years related work experience.
- Hands-on experience in Installation and Configuration of Oracle 11.x and 12.x with RAC and Non RAC.
- Experience with Migrations and upgrades from Oracle 9i to Oracle 11.x and Oracle 12.x.
- Experience with Migrations and Upgrades from Non RAC to Oracle RAC Oracle 11.x and Oracle 12.x.
- Solid Experience with RMAN and Oracle Dataguard.
- Experience and knowledge with Oracle OEM with Exadata.
- Knowledge with Exadata and Exadata OVM*s is essential.
- Strong Oracle 11g or 12c DBA experience with specific knowledge of RAC, ASM, GoldenGate, Data Guard, etc…
- Experience in Oracle Exadata, Golden Gate replication will be required.
- Experience in ClusterWare (GRID Infrastructure) – CRS management and configuration.
- Experience in Oracle ASM and Data Guard administration.
- Expertise in SQL & Database Level performance tuning skills.
- Expertise in backup and recovery and migration using RMAN, data pump and export/import.
- Experience on Solaris, Linux and AIX OS including strong shell scripting skills.
- Willingness to work in 24*7 Global support model.
- Aid development teams for analyzing issues.
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic & analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of database scripting and automation technology.
- Excellent knowledge of the Linux operating system, specifically the RPM-based family.
- Hands on experience with Oracle Data Guard replication.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager/Cloud Control.
- Excellent knowledge of physical database design.
- Experience with database architecture and design.
- Ability to create highly detailed system and technical design documents.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of Oracle RAC internal architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Excellent skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Prior experience as DBA Group Team Lead.
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine Administration prior experience.
- Experience patching Oracle RAC.
- Experience patching Oracle Exadata.
- Specific knowledge of writing custom monitoring reports for 12c OEM.
- Experience working with Oracle Cloud Computing (private or public) is a plus.
- Oracle DBA Certified Professional (OCP).
- Experience with SQL or PL/SQL development.
- Previous experiences on Oracle Engineered System like Exadata and Sun Super Cluster.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform architectural design, implementation, development and performance tuning of all Oracle server side processing, system, and application development.
- Design and implementation of the database architecture.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Enforces security for all Oracle Databases.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications, and development tools.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle databases.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Perform both Oracle and operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Provides technical leadership to DBA team consisting of both Oracle and SQL DBA’s.
- Provide support with Oracle RAC, ASM GRID and Data Guard installation, configuration, and troubleshooting production issue.
- Maintain and ensure availability for multiple production and development.
- Hands-on experience and Provide for the upgrade and patching for the Oracle 11g/12c database and related software.
- Provide RMAN backup and recovery support and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements to the DOS production databases.