Location: USA, India, UAE
Compensation: As per industry standards
mLogica Inc. (www.mlogica.com) is looking for a PHP Developer.
- PHP programming. Developer will code, debug, and unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- DB Design and Development. Developer will be expected to code, update, debug and optimize SQL. In the case of new or existing relational databases new hire will be expected to lead the data design and produce enterprise-level data models.
- Review and analyze requirements / write estimates. Developer will review requirements and design documents to produce estimates and task lists based on those requirements.
- Support, refactor and enhance an existing production system.
- Senior-level PHP/LAMP developer with 8+ year’s experience.
- Extensive OOD / OOP experience.
- Familiarity with the CodeIgniter MVC for PHP a plus.
- Using creativity to innovate new products (widgets, wizards, tools, controls) to enhance Web user experience.
- Keeping up with new Internet standards and Web technologies (Web 2.0, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, etc…
- Knowledge of and experience applying design patterns and implementing industry best practices required.
- Strong SQL development and design skills.
- Extensive experience working with large MySQL databases and complicated structures (MERGE tables, replication, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working with PHPUnit; Track and Subversion a plus.
- Ability to write and consume web services and REST services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to propose, advocate and critique design alternatives to determine solutions.
- Experience of object oriented programming / modular programming (essential).
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks (essential).
- Front-end development including jQuery (desirable, not essential).
- Understanding of Ajax (desirable, not essential).
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle: from requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery (desirable, not essential).
- Smarty templating (desirable, not essential)..
- Commercial experience in Web Application development and / or software development (desirable, not essential).
- Some knowledge of the Linux command line (desirable, not essential).
- Ideal candidate should have experience creating highly trafficked websites.
- Enthusiasm and an interest in all things technology.