Location: India, UAE
Hours: Mon to Friday
Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (PST)
Compensation: As per industry standards
- We are looking for a system architect to help us design and implement software designed to handle tens to hundreds of thousands of transactions each minute.
- Must have at least a BS in CS and 10 or more years’ experience in software engineer, design and architecture.
- Design and implement innovative systems and solutions to address complex technology issues. The solutions must be secure, resilient, performant and able to handle tens to hundreds of thousands of transactions each minute.
- Perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, lead research, design, develop and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing or new applications.
- Work closely and in conjunction with the Vice President of Software Development to ensure technical standards are followed by the development team.
- Ability to work with a team to meet team goals is essential. Our team does not work in a vacuum. You are expected to provide assistance if asked and are expected to ask for assistance if you run into problems. We do not expect you to solve every problem and your own and indeed actively discourage this behavior. Teamwork is essential!
- Technical expertise in Software Development Life Cycle entailing requirement analysis, time & cost estimation and high-level design, with a strong focus and understanding of Agile development processes.
- Deep understanding of technology with focus on delivering business solutions.
- Create specifications for software implementation, with the ability to handle a scalable architecture with mobile applications.
- Work with minimal direction, receiving occasional supervision while working toward a definite objective that requires use of a wide range of procedures and planning to meet and resolve complex problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering, design and architecture.
- Excellent research skills are essential.
- Fast learner and self-motivated.
- Must be an effective communicator with excellent analytical / logical skills and ability to relate to the people at any level of the business and management.
- Flexibility in job role is expected.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, including SCRUM, with the ability to modify it to suit our individual needs.
- Strong desire to learn and keep technical skills current as new technologies emerge.
- Expert in designing and consuming both internal and external RESTful web services (5+ years experience)
- Strong understanding of how mobile applications should be architected to enhance stability, performance, maintainability and extensibility.
- Very strong familiarity with the Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS toolkits.
- Demonstrate understanding of application architecture and infrastructure as they relate to service delivery, including availability and performance.