Primary Skills: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016 / Oracle 10G/11G/12C
Secondary Skills: Oracle 10G/11G/12C
Desirable Skills: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016
Location: USA, India, UAE
Compensation: As per industry standards
mLogica Inc. (www.mlogica.com) is looking for a Senior DBA in SQL with minimum 7+ years of IT experience and as a DBA.
- Provide support for a large SQL Server Database environment.
- Administration of databases, including set-up, backup processes, documentation updates, monitoring and maintenance. Understand and expand the architecture of the Microsoft solution.
- Resolve and provide solution to technical issues arising in the production environment.
- Design and implementation of database replication strategies for both internal and DR requirements procedures. Determine, implement, and manage database backup and recovery strategies, with focus on PIT recovery.
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Extensive experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases.
- Support the design and implementation of added functionality. Assist with Disaster Recovery considerations for the DBA team.
- Sound knowledge in Security standards and Microsoft recommendations.
- Performance tuning & database optimization.
- SQL Server (troubleshooting, debugging, tuning and optimization of SQL queries and stored procedures).
- Database administration (Replication, design experience with RDBMS.
- DR: doing quality assurance of the database components released to production.
- Ongoing database performance tuning and upgrades, including: monitoring and evaluation of all database patches and service packs.
- Assist setting up clustered SQL Server Environment.
- Enforce DBA standards to all the stored procedure deployed to production.
- Provide operational support to the reporting database servers.
- Do daily, monthly health check of the server.
- Setup and manage the maintenance and backup plans, Setup jobs, give permissions, perform monitoring and tuning.
- Design and manage database import / export processes used to populate test databases and global data marts. Assist setting up mirroring and log shipping.
- Deploy and support DTS and SSIS packages. Transact SQL and stored procedure development.
- Research problems and recommend corrective actions. Assist management with resource capacity planning.
- Implement and enhance database security using proven methodologies.
- SSIS and SSRS.
- Support in the implementation of quality awareness in delivering efficient and cost effective services.
- Support in development, implementation and ensure adherence of policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation and Configuration Management database (CMDB) for data accuracy.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new tools to maximize efficiency.
- Supervise and manage vendors and subcontractors.
- Translate technical terminology into business language according to audience.
- Support the management in appropriate staffing by participating in interviews and hiring of new staff.
- Guide and coach junior members of the team.