mLogica and its principal resources are well published in the field of Databases, Business Intelligence and Application Development. This includes books, white papers, periodicals, and journals; and speaking engagements at a variety of events, tradeshows, and seated seminars.
As a technology leader for database migration and software development mLogica often appears in industry reports and articles.
- mLogica cited as migration specialists in Gartner Report
A recent Gartner report on the limitations of legacy database management platforms listed mLogica as a software company prominent in database migration services.
- Microsoft SQL Server: More Expensive To the Core
by Darice Bailer
The article is about the rising cost of Microsoft SQL as compared to Oracle. mLogica and its customers have found out time and time again that the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of the Oracle Database environment is most likely going to be less expensive than Microsoft SQL Server. Oracle leads Microsoft, IBM, SAP/Sybase, and Teradata in Operational Database Management Systems.
- Sybase ASE and Sybase IQ to Oracle
by Amit Okhandiar
This article deals primarily with mLogica’s experience in working with clients who, over the years, have asked mLogica to help them evaluate and/or support them with their database migration initiatives from Sybase Adaptive Service Enterprise (ASE) to Oracle. mLogica provides assessments on the strategic pros and cons of Sybase-to-Oracle migrations from business and technology perspectives. mLogica analyzes existing trends in the database marketplace, what business users are telling us, what database trainers are reporting in regard to database cross-training (i.e., where the jobs are), what analysts are saying, and the investments that both Sybase and Oracle have made in terms of database innovation. Based on this information, mLogica prepares a business case and justification for migration from Sybase to Oracle for its customers.
- The Art of Database Performance Management – by Amit Okhandiar
by Amit Okhandiar
Learn how to make business processes more efficient through Database Performance Management. Rather than having DBAs whose main role is to react to issues, this article explains how to change their roles to a more proactive and thus create a better user experience.
- Data Warehouse (Sybase IQ): Harness the Power of Analytics with a Data Warehouse Appliance
by Dr. Robert McCord
Learn the best practices for selecting and developing a data warehouse appliance. This paper helps you understand architecture, performance and scalability, cost, return on investment, and risks an appliance may introduce.
Dr. McCord boasts twenty years’ experience in relational database management. After receiving a Ph.D. from U.C. Berkeley in 1985, he managed architecture, development and product management groups at Ingres, Sybase, and Oracle, leading database companies, and now serves as Vice President of Product Management at mLogica. A frequent writer and presenter in the data management field, Dr. McCord is also an excellent teacher and communicator with experience in application servers and mobile/wireless technology.
- Migrating Legacy Client/Server PowerBuilder Apps to Web-Enabled PowerBuilder Apps
by Vazi Okhandiar and Sachin Agarwal
This article explains how PowerBuilder 11 tools, such as the Migration Assistant Tool and the .NET Web Forms Application Wizard, makes developing Web-enabling applications very easy, cost-efficient, and makes the process to Web-enable client/server legacy PowerBuilder (8 and above) much more efficient.
- Application (PowerBuilder) Modernization: Power Builder Developers Journal – Web Form to IIS 7 on Windows Vista
Deploying the pbtutor Application as a Web Form to IIS 7 on Windows Vista – A Tutorial by Vazi Okhandiar and Alon Baadani.
Vazi Okhandiar is the vice-president of technology for mLogica, Inc. For over 15 years,she has been architecting, designing, and managing Power Builder-enabled applications. She previously worked for EDS and Computer Science Corporations (CSC) and holds a MBA and BSEE from UC, Irvine and a MS computer science from IIT, Chicago. Alon Baadani, as the principal of ABM Consulting, Inc. has been developing PowerBuilder applications for both large corporations and small businesses over the last 12 years. Currently he is developing applications for RES-Q HealthCare Systems, an industry leader with presence in the U.S., Canada, and the EU.
- Data Warehouse (IBM DB2 Warehouse): IBM Success Story – Capital Network Inc.
Capital Network Inc needed a solution to speed up the process of accessing and leveraging critical information. They were relying on a manual method that sometimes took days. mLogica implemented a solution that not only allowed them to access their data on demand, but also contributed to business management and growth, helped determine client buying trends, and the ability to create new business offerings for clients.
- SQL Server Migration to ASE on Linux
by Paul Hirsch
This article describes how mLogica used Sybase technology as a solution to an email marketing company’s performance issues with Microsoft SQL Server.
Mr. Okhandiar is the president and CEO of mLogica, Inc. He is responsible for the overall business and technology direction of the company. He has over 20 years of experience in managing technology businesses.
- September 2015 – Visualization and In-Memory BI Market Overview in the context of Tableau, Qlik and Microsoft PowerBI, Coleman Research Group
- August 2015 – Big Data Analytics presentation for masters students at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Melbourne, Australia
- August 2015 – Big Data Analytics presentation for Ph.D. students and faculty at Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia
- January 2015 – EDW Market Overview in the context of Teradata, Coleman Research Group
- September 2014 – Convergent Big Data Analytics overview with VCE at Wall Street Technology Associations’ conference, Yale Club, New York
- September 2014 – EDW Market Overview in the context of Teradata, Coleman Research Group
- July 2014 – In-Memory Business Intelligence Market Overview in the context of Tableau Software, Coleman Research Group
- October 2013 – Data Science As A Service with Actian
- October 2013 – Oracle 12c, Appliances and NoSQL, Coleman Research Group
- August 2013 – SAP HANA, Oracle, Hadoop and Open Source Solutions, Coleman Research Group
- July 2013 – Hadoop and NoSQL technology impact on Traditional Companies and Emerging Players, Coleman Research Group
- June 2013 – Big Data Sources Integration Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- May 2013 – In-Memory Business Intelligence Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- April 2013 – Machine Data Analytics Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- March 2013 – Big Data Analytics Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- February 2013 – Enterprise Data Integration Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- December 2012 – In-Memory Databases with Oracle, New York, NY
- October 2012 – Big Data Analytics Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- October 2012 – Heterogeneous Database Migration to Oracle platform with Oracle Consulting Services at Oracle Open World, San Francisco, CA
- October 2012 – In-Memory Technology Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- August 2012 – Data Integration Market Overview, Gerson Lehrman Group
- April 2012 – Business Intelligence Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- January 2012 – Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Market Overview, Coleman Research Group
- December 2011 – Book – Contributing author to: Migrating to the Cloud, Oracle Client / Server Modernization; Chapter 11 (Oracle: T. Laszewski and P. Nauduri)
- December 2010 – In-Memory Databases with Oracle, Boston, MA
- March 2010 – ASE Cluster Edison implementation Success Story with IBM and Sybase, Yale Club, New York
- March 2010 – ASE Cluster Edison implementation Success Story with IBM and Sybase, Chicago
- December 2009 – How to successfully run Proof of Concept for ASE Cluster Edison with Sybase
- November 2009 – Predictive Analytics Appliance presentation at Actuate User Group Conference, New York
- October 2009 – Predictive Analytics Appliance at Actuate User Group Conference in San Francisco
- September 2009 – Surviving and Thriving with Smarter Analytics with Sybase, IBM and MicroStrategy in Chicago, Boston, and Stamford, CT
- August 2009 – Advance Analytics presentation with Sybase, IBM and MicroStrategy in New York
- October 2007 – Database and Systems Migration at Sybase Tech Wave, Las Vegas
- October 2007 – IBM’s data warehouse solution, IBM Information on Demand Conference, Las Vegas
Ms. Okhandiar is responsible for solutions and engagement management for mLogica. She has over 20 years of experience in managing, architecting, designing and implementing of information technology projects for large clients.
- Migrating Legacy Client/Server PowerBuilder Apps to Web-Enabled PB Apps,
PowerBuilder-Sys-con, June 17, 2009 (PDF)
- Power Builder Tutorial, Deploying Web Form .NET applications to IIS in Vista
PowerBuilder-Sys-Con, Aug 1, 2008 (PDF)
- e-Learning – ICLORD Conference in Kerala, India, October 2007
- e-learning – ICLORD Conference in Bangkok, Thailand, June 2005
- Choosing More Effective Keywords To Increase Traffic To Your Website
Irvine Chamber of Commerce, Business Connection, July 2004
- “Using Technology To Improve Communication Between Student, Parent and School” Presentation at the School-to-Career Conference in Anaheim, CA, 2004.
Building A Website For Your Company
Irvine Chamber of Commerce, Business Connection, July 2003
- “Steps for developing a Website”, Irvine Chamber of Commerce, 2003.
- Article on Education Planning Management Information System (EPMIS), St. Lucia, 2001
With a career characterized by innovation and initiative, Dr. McCord brings a deep level of expertise in analytics, business intelligence and relational database management to mLogica. Prior to mLogica he managed his own consulting business focusing on technologies for web services, databases and security.
- MOUG Fall Conference 2009 – Dr. Robert McCord, mLogica’s Chief Architect / CIO, address the NWOUG Fall Conference attendees regarding “The Great Leap Forward in Business Intelligence” on October 23, 2009 at 2:15pm.
- NWOUG Fall Conference 2009 – Dr. Robert McCord, mLogica’s Chief Architect / CIO, address the NWOUG Fall Conference attendees regarding “The Great Leap Forward in Business Intelligence” on September 15, 2009 at 2:00pm.
- Join mLogica at the NCOAUG Training Day, August 21, 2009 at the Drury Lane Theater & Conference Center, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2009 – Dr. Robert McCord, mLogica’s Chief Architect / CIO, address the ODTUG’s Kaleidoscope 2009 attendees regarding “The Great Leap Forward in Business Intelligence” on Monday, June 22, 2009 at 2:15pm.
Software specialist with proven skills in database and data warehouse administration, quality assurance, tools development and problem determination.
- Alvarez, V.M., (2004), “.NET and DB2 UDB”, .NET Developer’s Journal, Vol. 2, Issue 9 pp. 32-34.
- Alvarez, V.M., (2004), “Stinger takes flight.”, DB2 Magazine, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 48-51.
- Alvarez, V.M., (2003), “Plugging into Faster Data Access”, DB2 Magazine, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 54-57.
- Alvarez V.M. et al. (1996), “IDEA: A Java-based Interdisciplinary Engineering Advisor Tool”, Nortel Design Forum, Paper 29.